Sunday, January 31, 2010

And here we go...

This week was the first week of my training program for my next half marathon-the Kentucky Derby Festival Mini Marathon on April 24th in Louisville, KY. So overall, my week went like this:

Monday: rest. Went to WWE Monday Night Raw with the hubs and had a blast.

Tuesday: rest. I was supposed to do a 2 mile easy run but got lazy.

Wednesday: the 2 mile run I was supposed to do the day before, plus some other cardio.

Thursday: was supposed to be a tempo run of 1 mile warm up, 3 miles @ 8:00ish/mile pace, 1 mile cool down. Turned into 1 mile warm up, plus some walking, then some intervals. I hate the treadmill...I hate it I hate it I hate it. Next time, I hit the track.

Friday: almost an hour doing intervals on a spin bike.

Saturday: 45 mins of cardio at the gym. It would have been more, but I got up late and was on a time crunch (my parents were picking me up at 10:30 to go to Cinci for the day).

Today: 6 mile long run in the freezing cold with Katie and her pup Cal.

Oh I am so glad I invested in running tights. I don't know what I'd do without them. Not run outside, that's for sure!

So overall, I did work out 5x this week...hooray! Now, I just need to work on making my tempo runs actual tempo runs, and not let my boredom on the treadmill get in my way. Oh, and not eating crap. Why does crappy food have to be so yummy?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Mmmmm...crappy food...