Saturday, March 26, 2011

Or, maybe not...

Last weekend, we enjoyed some glorious 60+ degree weather.

Now? Not so much. Insane hail on Wednesday, a dusting of snow when I woke up Thursday morning...now, THAT'S spring in Central Ohio for you. And here I was thinking I'd be able to retire the insulated tights soon. Notsomuch.

Said tights got busted out for a chilly 10 mile run with my training group this morning. After not being able to go for various reasons over the last few weeks, it was nice to run with people again. Even though we did some crazy hills. Stupid hills :D Thankfully, my shin/calf decided to behave itself, and other than the hills the run was actually fairly pleasant.

This week's training looked something like this...

Sunday-3 miles easy. I think. Last Sunday was a while ago...maybe I should start writing this all down?
Monday-rest.
Tuesday-3 miles easy. Supposed to be 5 miles but I added length to...
Wednesday-Speedwork. 1 mile warmup, 2 miles at goal pace (roughly 8:15/mile), 1 min rest, 2 miles at tempo (7:45-8:00/mile), 1 min rest, 1 mile at goal pace, 1 mile of strides (at the gym, this meant pick up the pace for half a lap on the track, slow down for half a lap. 8 reps+1 lap coolwdown=1 mile), .5 mile cooldown (I know I can't skimp on the cooldown but I was running the risk of being late for work). The original plan was for that last 2 mile block to both be at goal pace THEN 6-8 strides but I didn't have time so I had to adjust. Calf was twingy but otherwise okay.
Thursday-5 miles easy. Calf/shin felt the best it had in a while. Could I be on the mend?
Friday-rest
Saturday-10 mile long run, at 9:30/mile pace. With some fun hills :$ Calf/shin=still pretty good. Hooray!

Other than that, not much is going on. Ohio State's men's basketball team lost last night, which meant one very cranky husband...thankfully, he seems to be over it now. We're now rooting for Kansas and Butler :) This spring/summer is shaping up to be pretty busy, so we're enjoying the down time while we have it.

6ish weeks 'til race day!

No comments: