Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's that time again...

New Year's Resolution time! Do you make them? I usually don't, unless I need to motivate myself to do something...and this year, I have motivation in the form of an extra 5-7 lbs that have taken up residence on my hips since my half marathon in October. Not enough weight that my clothes don't fit, but enough that those same clothes are juuuust a little tight. So, my New Year's Resolution this year is to actually get my lazy ass moving at the gym or outside running at least 5x/week. I'm hoping the sweet ass running tights I got at Road Runner Sports with some Christmas $$$ will help my motivation...I wore them yesterday on a 5 mile run and wondered what I ever did without them :D

I also need to rededicate myself to eating better (instead of indulging my weekly Wendy's craving)...which is going to be difficult with the very large bag of candy currently sitting in my kitchen. Thanks, Mom, Dad, and in-laws :P If you know me, you know I love chocolate and tend to binge on it...but that has.to.stop. Since I don't do well with multiple resolutions, though, I'm not officially making eating healthier a resolution...just something I need to do.

As part of my effort to get my butt in gear more, I actually tried a yoga class tonight (on top of the hour of cardio I did at the gym earlier). Admittedly, it was because my friend Anne talked me into it (and didn't tell me it was a 75 minute class)...but it was pretty much what I expected it to be. I am fully aware of the fact that the strength in my upper body/core is seriously lacking, and yoga just reminds me of this fact and that's something I need to work on. Plus, I've read a lot of stuff that says yoga is beneficial for running, so there you go. Double bonus! I can see myself going again...especially if my peoples are going.

So there you have it! Now, time to sit with the hubs and dog, watch some football, and complain about having to go back to work tomorrow (I've been off for four days). I really can't complain, though, seeing as I have another four day weekend starting on Thursday. Hooray for regular day off (Thurs) followed by day off b/c office is closed (Friday)!

PS-Anyone have any suggestions for good, semihealthy appetizer recipes? We're having people over for a New Year's Day football watching bonanza (Capital One Bowl, Rose Bowl, and Sugar Bowl, oh my!) and I need to avoid binging on crap if I can help it :)

No comments: