Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wow...really?

This time next Sunday, I will have officially completed my first half marathon. Ho.ly.shit. It's been this far off THING, for lack of a better word, but it's really coming. And will be here next Sunday. I think I'm ready, training wise. I followed my training program to the T (well, with regard to running what distance what day, except for the week after Easter when I was fighting off my sinus infection). However, there is one way in which I am NOT ready...what am I going to WEAR for the race?!

You can stop laughing now. This is actually something I worry about. I know what shorts I'm going to wear, what socks, what shoes (duh), and what long sleeved shirt I can bear to part with when I get too warm. I have it narrowed down to two sleeveless tops, and whichever top I pick will determine which sports bra I wear. It's either going to be pink top with white sports bra, or vice versa. Decisions, decisions...

At least the weather is supposed to be glorious-long term forecasts are predicting high temp of 69 for race day, and low temp of 53. Seeing as the race starts at 6 FUCKING 30 IN THE MORNING (aaah!), I figure the race time temps will be closer to 53 than 69. At least, I hope so.

Regardless of how I do and how sore I am or am not, I am SO glad I took next Monday off work. Because if I AM sore, the last thing I'm going to be able to do effectively is chase kids around and make them talk all day.

In other news...Georgie is PHE.NOM.IN.AL. Seriously, greatest dog ever. No pottying in the house, no more keeping Mommy up at night (fixed by moving her crate into our bedroom), and slowly improving social skills. Meaning, she didn't growl at ANY of the BIIIIG dogs (those are the only things she growls at) yesterday. We met Shannon, her husband Bryan, and their dog Oakley at Antrim Park and Georgie did fabulously with allll of the doggies she met, regardless of their size. Then, we met Jen at Highbanks Metropark for a walk today, and she did great with all the doggies there again :D YAY Georgie! Who, I must say, is exhausted. She's probably relieved that Mommy goes back to work tomorrow, and she can go back to taking it easy with Daddy again.

More news...we still have not really tackled any of our big yard projects yet. I planted a herb garden in a window box that hangs off our back deck, so that's a start. We have a variety of projects that won't be hard to do, we just have to get our butts in gear, go to Lowe's, and buy some shit. So, yeah.

Aaaaaand, that's all I've got. More to come after the Pig next weekend! (assuming I don't keel over)

No comments: