Tuesday, April 13, 2010

11 days? Oh jeez...

We leave for Louisville a week from Thursday...eeeeee! Now that it looks like my quad pain is under control and I can run at a reasonable pace again, I'm starting to get excited for the race in...you guessed it, 11 days. More importantly though, I actually enjoy running again. I think making an efford to run different routes+new shoes+little to no quad pain=happy legs and a healthy uncranky mind while I'm running, and for that I am grateful. I've never been in a funk like that before and it sucked butt.

So I've got one more long run left before I start tapering-10 miles on Saturday. I'm tossing around the idea of doing what I did a couple of weeks ago, which is run a 10k+3.8 miles, but I'm not sure. Unlike the last 10k I did, the one I'm thinking about is NOT a trail run which would be a huge relief. I am NOT cut out for trail running, that's for sure :)

Other than counting down 'til the race and stalking weather reports for Louisville, not a lot is going on. I'm going to try REALLY hard to eat well over the next couple of weeks-starting tonight, because my whole dinner last night was pretty much deep fried (fried pickles, buffalo chicken sandwich with fries) or dessert (ice cream and cookie combo). It was delicious, but I can't keep eating like that less than two weeks before a race! So I resisted the urge to indulge beyond the food I brought to work with me today and got Chipotle on the way home from work-but put half of my Burrito Bol in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, and did NOT get Chipotle's delicious but oh so bad for you tortilla chips. It's a start...

No comments: